For current news videos please visit our Facebook page
How does the CuddleCot™ help?
The CuddleCot™ system cools the baby in situ allowing the baby to remain with the family thereby providing the family time they want. The CuddleCot™ cooling pad is placed in any moses basket, crib, pram or bed; it is connected by a specially insulated hose and is quietly cooled using the CuddleCot™ cooling unit. The CuddleCot™ system comes in its own carry case with different size cooling pads for premature and full term babies.
The benefits of using the Flexmort CuddleCot™ system in helping a family deal with bereavement are widely accepted across the globe and the system is in worldwide use across maternity departments and children’s hospices e.g United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and the US. Please see testimonials and videos at the bottom of this page. The CuddleCot™ meets the rigorous hospital equipment applicable standards for use within hospital environments across the world (including UL 61010-1:2012 CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 61010-1-12) and our UK premises are inspected regularly by the relevant organisations who issue certification/approvals. The CuddleCot has also passed rigorous hospital infection control standards on all aspects of the equipment and the CuddleCot is also designed to reduce the risks of microbial growth within the system.
The CuddleCot has featured on numerous news programmes across the world, please see bottom of this page. The CuddleCot has also featured in numerous newspapers e.g. the UK’s The Daily Mail and also mentioned in an interview with the the New York Times. There have been numerous radio interviews regarding the experience of bereaved families using the CuddleCot, including CBC News (Edmonton, Canada) including the parents of Lera Grace Kiers (Jan 2015). Click Here.
The CuddleCot is used extensively around the world including:
- US – Hundreds of US hospitals use CuddleCots, please click here to read about the experience of a family using the CuddleCot at The Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, NY, kindly written by Corey Kruss. Please also see testimonial at the bottom of this page from Mary D’Angelo, Director Maternal Child Services at The Sisters of Charity Hospital. A growing number of US hospitals now use the CuddleCot and they even have the backing of some politicians – see Mayor of Columbus on 15th Oct 2015 presenting hospitals with CuddleCots
- England (UK)- Over 92% of UK hospitals use CuddleCots. SANDS 4Louis
- N. Ireland – CuddleCots™ in use extensively and donated by charities such as SANDS and through other local fund raisers (see Newry Times)
- S. Ireland – Feileacain (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Association of Ireland) are a proactive Irish charity and have provided CuddleCots™ to most hospitals in Southern Ireland (see pictures below)
- Scotland – SIMBA have provided many CuddleCots™ to hospitals in Scotland and Celtic footballer Kris Commons and his partner Lisa Hague also donated CuddleCots in their daughter Lola’s name (view details).
- Canada – A growing number of Canadian hospitals in Canada (eg QE2) many are used by Alberta Health. The CuddleCot and CoverCool Mini wis also in use at Canuck’s Place Children’s Hospice (view details)
- Australia – Many Australian hospitals are using the CuddleCot.
- New Zealand – Again a growing number of hospitals are using CuddleCots (for example NZ news click here)
The CuddleCot is highlighted by US academics as allowing families to provide after-death care to their babies. For example, Deborah L. Davis PhD see Psychology Today.
For older children and adults, the CoverCool Mini provides the same benefits as the CuddleCot. Click here CoverCool Mini.
If you have donated, or used a CuddleCot then please share your experiences on our FLEXMORT’S CUDDLECOT FACEBOOK PAGE
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND PRICING (PLEASE STATE YOUR COUNTRY)
The CuddleCot has featured on the news all over the world, a small selection of these are shown below.