The Flexmort CuddleCot™ Gives Grieving Parents the Gift of Time
Dealing with the death of a baby is an incredibly difficult time for parents. The CuddleCot™ keeps the baby cool in a basket next to the mother, providing the essential time to grieve. It is internationally recognized and encouraged by midwives and stillbirth support groups. Since 2014, over 700 hospitals across US and Canada have tried, tested and helped bereaved families with our CuddleCotTM.
Traditionally, a still birth baby would almost immediately be sent to a morgue, however, it is now widely acknowledged that best practice is to allow the family the choice to spend additional time with their baby. To allow this grieving time and to prevent the baby’s body from deteriorating, the CuddleCotTM keeps the baby cool in a basket next to mom providing the Gift of Time.
Some of the benefits of the CuddleCot™ are:
- Easy to Clean – Simple to keep sterile, with only the cooling pad and bedding coming into contact with baby. The bedding can be washed and the cooling pads easily cleaned with any plastic safe sanitizer or hot soapy water reducing any infection control concerns.
- Soft Cooling Pad – The thin, soft cooling pad is placed on top of the soft mattress, ensuring the baby is fully cushioned and comfortable.
- Quiet, Discrete & Portable – The cooling system utilises cutting edge technology and does not make the noise of a “refrigerator”.
- Bespoke Basket – The Shnuggle Moses Basket – Especially molded to accommodate the cooling pad and hose.
- Small Footprint – Packs away into a small, bespoke carry case.
- Easy to Maintain & Service – No specialist maintenance required.
- Tested to Global Hospital Standards – UL 61010-1:2012 CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 61010-1-12.
- Quick Dispatch – From our facility in Pennsylvania
- 12 Month Warranty – Option to purchase extended warranty
CuddleCot™ Testimonials » View More «
“I can’t even explain how helpful the cuddle cot was to us. We have memories with our daughter that we never would have had. We got to hold her, kiss her, change her, take pictures with her, spend the night with her, just love her as our child. Time is a precious thing and we were so thankful that our hospital had a CuddleCot™” …Sutton Jones, South Carolina, USA