CuddleBlanket Cooling Blanket
Used by hospitals, hospices and funeral directors, the CuddleBlanket can cool a deceased infant, child or adult on a bed, trolley or in a coffin. The insulated cover consists of a small cooling unit which circulates fluid through a cooling pad that can simply be placed on top of the body.
The CuddleBlanket utilises a thermoelectric cooling process rather than standard refrigeration. This process is also known as the Peltier effect.
Unlike refrigerated beds or coffin coolers, the CuddleBlanket is extremely light, portable, flexible and does not ice. The cooling blanket is only switched on when required.
Sometimes families wish to sit with the deceased on a ward or in the Chapel of Rest, sometimes there are delays in bringing bodies to the mortuary. The CuddleBlanket mortuary blanket allows bodies to be cooled whilst in bed, thereby preserving their appearance, condition and dignity.
You can find out more by reading the case study for Watford General Hospital.
For Hospices and at Home
Some families wish to spend time with their loved ones either at home or in the hospice, rather than at a funeral home. The portable CuddleBlanket can be used to turn any bed into a refrigerated bed and allows bodies to be cooled whilst in bed, thereby preserving their appearance, condition and dignity.
NHS 2011 Palliative Guidance states that cooling of the deceased should begin within 2 to 4 hours of death. Historically, this has meant transfer to the mortuary or the use of a cold room where grieving is an unpleasant experience. This guidance recognises the use of the cooling blanket as an effective alternative.
For Funeral Directors
The CuddleBlanket allows funeral directors to cool a body in a coffin or on a trolley and is ideal for small sites without the space or need for purpose-built refrigeration. Unlike coffin coolers, the insulated cover will notice and because it is fully flexible, it can also be used to make a refrigerated bed.
The mortuary blanket can also be used in a vehicle to cool the deceased during transportation.
Benefits of CuddleBlanket
- Set up in seconds and use anywhere, from a funeral home to a hospice bedroom and even at home
- Lower running costs than traditional refrigeration as CuddleBlanket directly cools the body and is only switched on when required
- Low maintenance requirements as it utilises a thermoelectric cooling process
- Ease of portability; it only weighs 11kg
- Provides families an opportunity to spend time with their loved ones without having to cool the whole room
We are pleased to offer a range of enhanced service and support options for the CuddleBlanket cooling blanket. We want to help you get the most out of this important resource and ensure your CuddleBlanket always remain ready for use when you need it.
We offer a full visual, functional and integrity test and check service at our centre in Gloucester. Our fixed price includes courier collection and delivery.
- Internal components, fluid ways, tubing and connections
- Internal electrical components
- Internal fluid flush
- Check all associated system kit items
- Provide a full test report after a minimum half-day functional running test
- Advise and quote for any repairs or replacement costs for worn or damaged items